Iowa Jack text adventure for free download
Rick is at it again!  On the tails of his entertaining text adventure, Castle Quest, he's just released another adventure for free download, Iowa Jack and the Crystals of Chaos for both the C64 and C128!

"Take on the role of Iowa Jack - adventurer, tomb raider and pilot for hire - and head off in search of a legendary treasure in this old school text adventure game."

I  haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I will be doing so soon.  

[Image: 6cmo8T.gif]
So last night, I made it to part 3 of the game.  The puzzles have been straight forward and on the easy side, but that's okay.  The story telling is good.  Like Castle Quest, this is a good text adventure game for those people just getting into this game genre, or for someone looking for a short adventure that they can finish in an hour or two.

Rick had included a few hi-res images here and there, which to me is like little rewards for working through the puzzles.

I have yet to finish part 3, but I'm looking forward to it.  Each part of the game has to load, so it's technically a collection of mini games stitched together.  But, the way Rick has done it (even including an intermissions), it works and doesn't take too much away from the overall experience.

Tonight I finished Iowa Jack and I have to say, in this day and age, it's nice to play a game in which a man is a man and a woman is a woman!

An entertaining and simple text adventure game, overall, with a little bit of humor sprinkled here and there.  Some very well done hi-res images, too.  I'm looking forward to Rick's next adventure.

Link to the 128 version of the game.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun creating it! Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ricky_derocher's post:

Welcome to our little community here, Rick!  I wish you much success on your future endeavors on our beloved Commodore 8-bit machines.

Please feel free to post information and links to any projects you're working on!   C64 C128 CBM