Name that demo
Hope this is in the right place to ask. I'm looking for a demo that was put out somewhere between 1990-1993, give or take. The only things I can remember are it had a bouncing ball, or maybe it was a happy face, against a black background,�and a digital audio track, or digital audio components. I don't think it was a group demo (e.g. Fairlight), more like a music demo. There was more to the demo, but the bouncing ball/happy face and digital audio�is what�I remember. It may have also been a slow-loader.�I found it some years ago on a website, but I didn't save or bookmark it, or commit anything to memory. I'm fairly certain this was a C64 demo because a friend showed it to me -- he had a 64, I had an Amiga -- and the first thing that came to mind was it looked like an Amiga demo.�I know it's a longshot, but does it ring a bell for anyone?
Hey, welcome to the forum! � Big Grin�

It doesn't sound familiar to me, but perhaps @Baracuda may have an idea.� He's a contributor over at https://c64.ch which may be of some help finding your demo.
Hi and welcome !

Please give us so much details as you can.
If we should find these for you answer the following questions please i will ask you.

Was it a demo with 1 / 2 disksides ?
Are you sure about the slow-loader ?
(07-17-2023, 11:02 AM)Baracuda Wrote: Hi and welcome !

Please give us so much details as you can.
If we should find these for you answer the following questions please i will ask you.

Was it a demo with 1 / 2 disksides ?
Are you sure about the slow-loader ?

I'm fairly certain that it was only 1 disk, 1 side.
And I'm not certain about the slow-loading. The last time I saw it in-person running was 30 years ago, in 1993, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

I�also remember the screen flashing as part of the demo, maybe in beat with the music. I don't remember any words printed on the screen. That's not saying that there weren't any words at all, but it wasn't a group demo saying greetings and shout-outs, like so many group demos were.

I've been to c64.ch, that's where I found the link to this forum, but I couldn't find the demo there, or maybe I overlooked it. The majority of those demos are from groups, and most of them have SID synth music, but this demo had some digital sounds which made it stand out. And, as I mentioned, I had found it one time some years ago on a website, but I don't think it was c64.ch because the design isn't the same.