Space Rogue
Hi,

A few weeks ago I ran into Space Rogue on C64. Space Rogue is a space trading game published in 1989. Just like Elite, but that was published 5 years before it. I tend to hear more about people's experience with Elite than with Space Rogue. But when you look at it, Space Rogue seems like a more elaborate game, at least graphically. You land at space stations and you actually walk around. There's a story and generally a bit more to do than just trade.

Moreover, you can buy a version for PC from Steam and GOG for next to nothing. 

I wonder if anyone has any experience playing Space Rogue. Nowadays it's almost more difficult to find a copy of the game for sale on ebay than it is to find a copy of Elite.
Big Grin 
Yes, I played Space Rogue.  It's a pretty good space themed RPG.  The space piloting stuff is only a portion of the game.  You also have the RPG exploration portion, in which you take on missions and special side assignments.  It's a game that will take some time and effort to finish... but I liked it (however I don't remember ever finishing it).

Here's what might be helpful for you when you go to play it:  https://sfodb.com/index.php?page=detail&program=265
[-] The following 1 user Likes sysop's post:

I never played the game but I do know it is much better appreciated as Elite, it's #8 at the Lemon all time top 10, under Pirates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NM156's post: