VIC20 games ported to the Mega65
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that people are taking the time to develop games/software for the Mega65, but for all that the Mega65 offers and can do, I don't see the point of porting an exact duplicate of a VIC20 game, like Omega Race.

If you want to play the VIC20 version of a game, why not just play it on a VIC20 or VIC20 emulator?  If you're going to bother to port it over to the Mega65, then why not enhance it and take advantage of what the machine can do?

If I paid the kind of money they're asking for a Mega65, I'd want to see software developed for it that gives me a reason to own one.  It's a nice gesture to port a game like Omega Race over to it, but kind of pointless unless there was some special reason to play the Mega65 version of it.

If this were the nineteen eighties or nineties, sure, many games were ported between the VIC20 and C64 and other CBM models.  But, we didn't have emulators at our disposal back then.  So having the game for your system made sense.  Today?  Not so much, in my opinion.

Just my 2-bits on the subject. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes sysop's post:

Is this all that the Mega65 is capable of?  https://megastyle.itch.io/skramble-mega65

[Image: 0hz0vG.png]
(08-13-2024, 04:27 PM)sysop Wrote: If you want to play the VIC20 version of a game, why not just play it on a VIC20 or VIC20 emulator?  I

Exactly.