Pay for SEUCK games?
(01-28-2024, 11:36 PM)omegamax Wrote: Difficult subject.....My view,all gamers should get to try games before they commit to a purchase.

It certainly worked for me with Steel Ranger. I played the demo and couldn't pay for and download the full version fast enough. As for my other experience buying Precinct 20 based just on looks, totally soured me on buying anything further from Psytronik ever again without a demo first. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
(01-29-2024, 12:17 AM)Mr SQL Wrote: The video previews are usually a good indicator for potential buyers.
But the developer doesn't post video previews, nor do they mention it is Seuck.

(01-29-2024, 12:17 AM)Mr SQL Wrote: One problem with giving away test versions with a few free levels is that many people will then only use the test version. If the game is on Cart and you can only try it in the store this model works well.

Where did you get that from? There is no need to rely on selling, the 'pay what you want' option works well. For instance the game Bear was released for free, when the physical game came out later it became the best selling c64 game until Sam beat it shortly after.
(01-29-2024, 02:57 AM)NM156 Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 12:17 AM)Mr SQL Wrote: The video previews are usually a good indicator for potential buyers.
But the developer doesn't post video previews, nor do they mention it is Seuck.

(01-29-2024, 12:17 AM)Mr SQL Wrote: One problem with giving away test versions with a few free levels is that many people will then only use the test version. If the game is on Cart and you can only try it in the store this model works well.

Where did you get that from? There is no need to rely on selling, the 'pay what you want' option works well. For instance the game Bear was released for free, when the physical game came out later it became the best selling c64 game until Sam beat it shortly after.

Well the video play-thru on real hardware that I saw on Retro-Recipes is what made me want the game.
It was just as fun as what I saw.

There should always be a video preview imo, a screen shot is not enough.

That's interesting Bear was released for free and then sold so well, I'll have to look into that.