Share your current Commodore workstation photos
What I'd like to see is your current Commodore workstation. If you have a setup of original Commodore hardware that you regularly game or program on, please share a photo of it here. If you don't have a workstation with original hardware, but rather use emulation (like a Raspberry Pi, TheC64, or other alternate modern hardware), please share a photo of that workstation, too! I'd really like to see what others in the group here are working or gaming on and how they have it setup.

I'll start. Here's my current workstation. It's comprised of my C128 with dual 1541s, datasette, Retroswitch Flyer, Star Gemini II dot matrix printer, 1351 mouse (with The Boss joystick out of frame) and my Asus EeeBox that acts as a file server for the Flyer. Because we have such limited space in our tiny house, I had to build this custom shelf so I could keep it all as compact as possible. It actually works pretty well, although it isn't very pretty. The shelves for the C128 and Gemini II slide in, so I can tuck them out of the way when not in use.

(01-26-2023, 04:03 AM)sysop Wrote: What I'd like to see is your current Commodore workstation.� If you have a setup of original Commodore hardware that you regularly game or program on, please share a photo of it here.� If you don't have a workstation with original hardware, but rather use emulation (like a Raspberry Pi, TheC64, or other alternate modern hardware), please share a photo of that workstation, too!� I'd really like to see what others in the group here are working or gaming on and how they have it setup.

I'll start.� Here's my current workstation.� It's comprised of my C128 with dual 1541s, datasette, Retroswitch Flyer, Star Gemini II dot matrix printer, 1351 mouse (with The Boss joystick out of frame) and my Asus EeeBox that acts as a file server for the Flyer.� Because we have such limited space in our tiny house, I had to build this custom shelf so I could keep it all as compact as possible.� It actually works pretty well, although it isn't very pretty.� The shelves for the C128 and Gemini II slide in, so I can tuck them out of the way when not in use.

Very cool custom workstation! I really like the�dot matrix�integrated in�your setup,�also�the dual 1541's and the�VIC Datasette.

Here is my breadbox C64 on�my retro programming table surrounded by other classic systems.

Not visible behind it is a bare board UIEC_SD, I�destroyed my classic 1541 leaving it in a leaking shed unfortunately.

I'm planning to pick up a Datasette again soon.

I had a lot of fun actually programming on it again�prototyping an�Atari TIA to SID tracker sequencer in Commodore BASIC 2.0!� Some keys did not working fully on my C64�even after taking apart and�cleaning the keyboard�but after programming on it again they all work�great�Smile�

Commodore probably had the�best keyboard from bitd, but�the Atari 800 XL is close.

There is a classic Color Television on the table you cannot see�in the pic and a tiny Magnavox to the right that is also sometimes connected; that one only displays in B&W though the tuning bars are in red and green meaning there is nothing wrong with the color, I think I�need to find the remote to undo a setting that locked it in BW mode but it still works great.

I like playing�classics like Archon�on the C64 and�800XL�back�to back�with this setup.
�
�    
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr SQL's post:

@Mr SQL That's a great collection!� That Timex Sinclair you have there brings back a lot of memories for me, too.� Before my parents bought me my C64, my uncle loaned us his Sinclair to see if I would really like using a computer.� Well, I used that thing every evening after school for a couple of weeks.� I guess my parents were happy with my interest in it.
I used to have that very same tapedeck !
(09-30-2023, 12:10 AM)sysop Wrote: @Mr SQL That's a great collection!� That Timex Sinclair you have there brings back a lot of memories for me, too.� Before my parents bought me my C64, my uncle loaned us his Sinclair to see if I would really like using a computer.� Well, I used that thing every evening after school for a couple of weeks.� I guess my parents were happy with my interest in it.

Thank you! Very cool you had access to programming on a Timex Sinclair bitd, they were very educational machines. I had access to one briefly too. I liked their aesthetic design and the BASIC commands listed on the keyboard was a quick reference guide.
Photo 
Very cool (@sysop, you've barely got room to move your mouse in that little space where you have it sitting, but it is a very sweet, and compact setup!).�

I'm on a modest setup, but working on growing it...

Currently�a C64-mini and I've just finished making a 1541-mini (this�one from youtube)...�

[Image: 20230904-214639-Solo.jpg]
See above pic, it came out great, and i�love the look and nostalgic fun�of�this cute 50% size Heart �(more�build�photos)

Next,�working on a 1701-mini, to complete the set!
@newdles that is awesome!� Great work on building that mini 1541. Once you get done building the min 1702, please share those photos with us as well.

Yeah, that spot I have for the 1351 mouse is really just a resting spot.� I don't use it very much, but when I do, I typically put it on a table, off to the right of the computer setup.� Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.� Wink
(10-09-2023, 04:51 AM)sysop Wrote: Once you get done building the min 1702, please share those photos with us as well.

Thanks and I will!...�I'm very excited to get it finished, and fwiw,�am�making a detailed build video of�it - but it's becoming quite a long and�involved design process,�with�a�serious learning curve /�trial and error about 3D printing parts�Confused��(The 1541mini's my very first adventure in�3D printing, so i'm in the�deep-end on this one,�by comparison� Huh )�

....but I'm confident the end result will be fab and i'll definately put it on thingiverse for anyone else who wants to try it.
Here's an in-progress�of the 3D models / parts fitting together
[Image: 19-Parts-Spin-Complete-Final-Rotate-29fps-GIF-480p.gif]

...and�testing�the little 8inch�donor monitor it's being built around with the 64mini...
[Image: 2023-08-13-TVParts-Test-Rushes-59fps-Still-1080p.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdles's post:

1st test print and assembly�with the 8" screen��Cool� (Lots of things to improve but very promising!)
[Image: 1701-Monitor-Test-Print-Montage2.jpg]
Shazaam! That's so cool! Nice work.