Tandy Pocket PC-3
Remember when the computers you bought actually came with manuals that taught you detailed things about the computer?

I bought my PC-3 in 1985, during my last year of high-school.  I worked at my part-time job all summer to be able to buy this fantastic little portable PC.  It has 4K of RAM and uses BASIC as it's OS.  The owner's manual that came with it contains all sorts of information and examples on how to program it.  It even has a few type-in programs you can use to get you started.

The nice thing about this PC is that you can assign "hot keys" to start the program(s) in RAM at certain line numbers.  So, if you have one program entered in lines 10 thru 100, then another program entered in lines 300 thru 500, you can assign DEF-A (for example) to run line 10 and then DEF-B to run line 300.  For example.  I have three programs in mine right now.  The first one is a countdown timer, the second is a measurements converter, and the third is a number guessing game.

As long as the batteries in the PC-3 have power, the programs will be stored in RAM.

Used this a lot during my last year of high-school and all through college.  Stored lots of REMs to help me "remember" things.  Back then, the instructors just thought I had a fancy calculator.  Wink