New Release C64 gamedev history - less known side of things
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share something for those of You that may be intrigued by the lesser-known aspects of C64 gamdev.
I've been working on getting my book out to a wider audience (already published in PL) - It's a deep dive into the world of C64 game development from a Polish perspective.

To be totally honest - i have no idea if there's enough interest globally for these types of "local" histories - so i went the crowdfunding rabbit hole to find out: https://igg.me/at/c64

Adore Your C= Smile

zep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zepesm's post:

Have you considered just doing publishing on demand through someone like Lulu? There's no upfront costs and they will print only when orders are placed. You decide how much to mark up the price, over and above the printing costs that Lulu charges. I use them for my own book printing projects and they do an excellent job; very professional looking product and lots of printing options for the publisher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sysop's post:

(02-08-2024, 05:59 PM)sysop Wrote: Have you considered just doing publishing on demand through someone like Lulu?  There's no upfront costs and they will print only when orders are placed.  You decide how much to mark up the price, over and above the printing costs that Lulu charges. I use them for my own book printing projects and they do an excellent job; very professional looking product and lots of printing options for the publisher.

Hi!

Checked some on-demand options and still worrying about the quality - but that said, i'll surely keep them as a next step, when crowdfunding fails.
To be honest - for this type of publication:
- A4
- 240+ full color pages
- 150+ g/m2 inside paper
- hardcover UV coated

It'll be really hard to find something.
Fast-checked Lulu, with this params (they have max 80g/m2 paper tho) - and quote was 57.20USD per book, which is... not so good.
I read the preview this is very good! Smile
(02-09-2024, 10:19 AM)zepesm Wrote: Fast-checked Lulu, with this params (they have max 80g/m2 paper tho) - and quote was 57.20USD per book, which is... not so good.

Well, at least you checked it out.  Lulu does offer discounts quite regularly, but if they don't offer the options you're looking for, then it doesn't really matter.

Best of luck to you on your project!
They were more expensive too when I wanted them to print my coffee table book about coffee tables.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NM156's post:

(02-10-2024, 05:26 PM)NM156 Wrote: They were more expensive too when I wanted them to print my coffee table book about coffee tables.

It was the fold out legs that turned the book into a coffee table that made it so expensive.  You should have went with the coaster built in to the cover, instead.   Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes sysop's post:

You were right Blush
(02-10-2024, 12:58 PM)Mr SQL Wrote: I read the preview this is very good! Smile

Thx Smile

Still thinking about releasing this as digital-only, when printing plans will fail.
The problem is, that this is designed as a physical-item but the digital-fallback is still on the table i guess.
For sure release it as a digital when the printing doesn't work out. Maybe at a later date it could still be printed when the time is right.