Mars Patrol
I just downloaded and played Mars Patrol. It's a Moon Patrol "clone" (but I should really say port I suppose) which is actually pretty well made. I say pretty well because it's a little too easy if anything. I never get very far in Moon Patrol but in Mars Patrol I got much farther.

mars patrol on indieretronews
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheHighlander's post:

A nice little port.  The sound could do with some improvement, but it plays fine on NTSC.  Thanks for mentioning it.   Big Grin

I'd have to go back and check, but I think one of the differences between Moon Patrol and Mars Patrol is, I can't move in mid-jump.  In Moon, I think I could move the buggy forward and back while in the air... in Mars, you need to choose up to jump straight up or up-right to jump up and right.
""Back in 1985 I wanted to convert my favorite arcade game to my beloved C64.
In mid 1985 I changed school, some other things happened and the whole project went to hibernation.
Then in 2024, 39 years later, I gave it a chance and my first step was to disassemble the whole thing and document it in proper source files on my Mac. And it worked! "

Who is going to tell Buchegger his "record" is beaten again, now by 9 years?
https://www.outragegame.com/the-final-chapter/

The game is pretty nice. It would have done well still if released in 1985. My only issue is that he should have changed the colors when changing the name to "Mars".
[-] The following 1 user Likes NM156's post:

Great port, I thought the soundtrack was excellent! It's great in the original version too.

It's a really catchy tune: